- San Francisco, CA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool?
- This small kitchen solution makes cooking in a teeny tiny space possible and even enjoyable! Small upgrades made a big difference including: adding a compact dishwasher, butcher block countertop, cupboard for dishes, wine ledge, spice racks, and compact refrigerator/freezer big enough for ice-cream:) On a small budget, I used many Ikea solutions to create a home for every item I need for daily cooking.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- My entire studio is 287sq ft. As you can see, the original kitchen lacks a space to both prep food and store dishes. The butcher-block counter top and cabinet not only provide a practical solution for this small kitchen setback but also serve as a fashionable focal point in my studio. We even host dinner parties in our studio, up to six people!
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- I love roasting vegetables in the convection oven. A little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and they are delicious every time. While the vegetables are in the oven, I sauté chicken, and prepare quinoa on the stove top to complete the meal!
Small Cool Kitchens