Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Joshua Tree, CA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Our kitchen is tiny but very efficient. I love the view from the wrap-around window, and that we did the entire renovation ourselves. 80 sq feet is not the whole story though: our fridge, chest freezer and solar cooker are outside.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- My husband lived in the trailer as a teenager. In the 20 intervening years it had acquired some water damage, the green shag rug was full of sand, and rats had spent time quality time in it. He resealed the whole trailer on the outside, installed new flooring and painted the whole thing, all in time to move in just a couple weeks before our wedding. Subsequent projects include the peg rails in the cupboard, the magnetic spice jars and the vertical dish rack.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- At the height of summer it's too hot to turn on the stove during the day, so I like to make all kinds of salads. I also love to have a jar or two of sauerkraut and kefir fermenting in the cupboards.
See all entries