Buenos dias, amigos! This time last year, we spent a week exploring all the delectable dishes and ingredients that Latin American countries have to offer. We have a recipe for authentic enchiladas verdes, plus a slow-cooker shortcut version. Then there's the best beers to pair with spicy foods, basalt molcajetes, how to keep that half an avocado from browning, and much more.
The posts pictured above are in bold below.
• You haven't had guacamole until you've had it made in a basalt molcajete.
• The secret to keeping sliced avocados fresh: an onion.
• Nutty, smoky, savory moles are like the curry of Mexico.
• Beers to kick up the spice and beers to sooth the burn.
• It's hard to look at this kitchen without coveting that butcher block.
• Spiced Mexican Wedding Cookies! Yes!
• Single-serving rice bowls are a great addition to the weeknight meal rotation.
• Make the best tortillas you've ever had with your very own tortilla press.
• These enchiladas verdes are the real deal.
• The bizarre-but-true relationship between figs and wasps reads like science fiction.
• Two methods for saving moldy cheese from the trash.
• Five recipes from the Rick Bayless, the King of Mexican Cuisine.
• Lots of great quick and brainless midweek meal ideas here.
• How to use a bath towel to keep salad greens fresh all week long.
• These slow-cooker enchiladas are super easy and super delicious.
A Year Ago And a Week: Make Pasta Like a Pro & 8 Hearty yet Healthy Italian Meals