After we've written about brown sugar-glazed pumpkin rolls and frosted sweet potato cakelets, breads and muffins seem so... ho-hum. But think about them this way: Quick, (occasionally) one-bowl wonders that are easy enough to whip up on a weekday and perfect for Fall breakfasts.These are just nine from our archives, but the recipes are endless—especially for pumpkin bread/muffins, one of our favorites. Let us know your best fall bread recipe! We'd love to have more.
1. Zucchini and Olive Breakfast Cake. Zucchini is summery, yes, but there are still huge piles of it at the markets here in New York. This is one bread that's definitely more on the savory side, so if you like something less sweet, try it out.
2. Applesauce Nut Bread. Apples are Fall, and this is a simple, crumbly bread studded with toasted walnuts.
3. Jim Lahey's No-Knead Walnut and Raisin Bread. Ok, not a quick bread. But it's no-knead, not complicated, and gorgeous.
4. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. A delicious submission from one of our readers; we love pumpkin and chocolate chips, and this could easily be baked in a loaf pan to make it faster.
5. Plantain Macadamia Nut Bread. An exotic take on banana bread.
6. Caramel Apple Bread. Probably the most complicated in the bunch, since it's a yeast bread rolled around an apple filling. But wouldn't you like to wake up to this?
7. Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread. Mmm... An old standby made moist and complex with olive oil.
8. How to Make Banana Bread in Under 10 Minutes. We'll take warm, toasted banana bread any time of year. Try it with a spread of Nutella.
9. Zucchini Muffins. One more with zucchini, but this one is sweet.
Related: IKEA-Inspired Cinnamon Rolls
(Images: See posts linked above for full image credits.)