This time of year I always crave a warm hearty bowl of soup and a flaky slice of bread to mop up all the goodness - this despite the fact that where I live (Texas) the daily highs are still hitting temps of 80 degrees. There's just something about seeing the golden shades of fall vegetables that makes me want to hunker down with a steaming bowl and pretend that, yes, maybe today a little rain will fall. (I actually just finished a bowl of tomato soup with some grilled cheese under these false pretenses.) In this spirit, we recently asked you for your favorite soup and sandwich combos, and in response, here are a few recipes to match your favorites!
• French Onion Soup with a bright red Pastrami Sandwich - The Kitchn and Food Network
• Squash Soup with Sage and Parmesan Croutons - Jamie Oliver
• Split Pea Soup with an Open-Faced Ham, Swiss, and Mushroom Sandwich - The Kitchn and Epicurious
• Roasted Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons - Crunch Time Food
• Black Bean Soup with Cheese Quesadillas - The Kitchn and Martha Stewart
And my personal favorite...
(Images: Chris Perez)