This time a year ago we were talking about the things we love in our kitchens, and we were also looking at readers' DIY kitchen projects. There was the easiest cake ever (really!), a gorgeous kitchen by the sea, dramatic-looking hijiki with carrots, spicy no-knead bread, and instructions for renovating flaky kitchen cabinets. Read on for these posts and more from a year ago this week. Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Cheddar and chiles no-knead bread - so yummy!
• Hijiki with carrots
• Menu for a weekend soup party.
• Digging for razor clams!
• A beautiful kitchen by the sea.
• Growing food in small spaces.
• A candle for Saint Julia.
• Tip: Keep the oven door closed!
• Easiest cake ever.
• A good pantry organization idea.
• How to make a cake stand and refinish cabinets.
• Recipes: Chile con carne, birthday cakes, and .
• A gallery of green kitchens.
• Sengware and linen aprons.
• See the entire archive from this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Influenza Sorbet, Ginger Applesauce Cake, & Brown Butter