Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we learned how spice wimps can increase their tolerance, the bartender way to make a "Stay Up Late," which is basically a Tom Collins with cognac, and what happens when you bake brussels sprouts in blue cheese and parmesan. (Hint: You die, then go to heaven.)
• Spice Hunting: How To Increase Your Spice Tolerance - A helpful post on how to soften chile spices while keeping their flavor.
• Guest Bartender: Make the Stay Up Late with Theo Lieberman of Lantern's Keep - This is a Tom Collins plus cognac, which adds terrific flavor and richness.
• Dinner Tonight: Creamy Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Blue Cheese - Brussels sprouts throw off their health mantle in the most positively decadent way.
• Let Them Eat: Raspberry Rosewater Cupcakes - Too pretty to eat? Maybe. But we think you'll get over it.
• Wake and Bake: Butter Browned Cornbread - Extra coarse cornmeal fools people into thinking this cornbread recipe has nuts in it!
Previous Good Eats: Chocolate Oatmeal Pie, Farmer Cheese Pie, and Super Tasty Honey Biscuits
(Image: María del Mar Sacasa/Serious Eats)