We're so excited about our September contest — Quick Weeknight Meals. We've been looking forward to this one for a long time, and we're especially excited about the great prizes we have lined up for the winners. These aren't just for the winners, though; the first ten entrants are going to receive a little special something too. Read on to see what that is, and to get the lowdown on the rest of the prizes.
1st Ten Entrants
The first 10 entrants (by timestamp on their received entry) will receive a copy of Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off 1959, Facsimile Edition (Wiley 2009). This rather wonderful book is a reprint of a cookbook published in 1959 with 1000 recipes from the first ten years of the Pillsbury Bake-Off contest.
We enjoyed this cookbook so much; it's retro and nostalgic, but still useful, with whimsical illustrations and a whole host of recipes for things like Cinderella Tarts, Peanut Blossoms, and Orange Kiss-Me Cake. There are awesome photos from 1950s era Bake-Offs, as well as photos of the dishes themselves.
• More about Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off 1959, Facsimile Edition at Wiley
We're happy that our first ten entrants are getting a copy of this book; it's a nod to to the granddaddy of all cooking competitions!
Essential Cookware & Tools for Weeknight Meals
The grand prize goes to the winning recipe with the most votes. The lucky chef will get a big package of cookware and tools that are all recommended by us here at The Kitchn. They come from great brands and companies that we wholeheartedly recommend to other cooks.
• Wüsthof - Classic Ikon Carving Set, great for holiday roasts.
• Microplane - Gourmet Ultra Coarse Grater for cabbage and potatoes.
• Circulon - Try induction cooking for yourself with a Circulon Induction Burner.
• Anolon - An induction-friendly Anolon Chef Clad 12-inch Deep Skillet.
• Chef'n - A couple of our favorite tools: the VeggiChop and a Switchit spatula set.
• Benriner - An essential tool for sure: a Japanese mandoline from Benriner.
• Le Creuset - A gorgeous 3.5 qt Round French Oven in Black Onyx.
• P.O.S.H. Chicago - We're capping this package with a couple vintage linen tea towels — perfect for polishing glassware
Runner-Up: Omnivore Division
Essential Pantry Goods for Weeknight Meals
The runner-up in the Omnivore division will get a big package of gourmet delicacies worth about $200. There are oils, vinegars, chocolate, cheese, tea, wine, and a couple other pantry essentials, provided by some of our favorite companies. These are all products that we have tried and found to be truly enjoyable.
• Lucini - A package of olive oils and vinegars that includes Savory Fig Infused Gran Balsamic, Dark Cherry Infused Gran Balsamic, Pinot Noir Italian Wine Vinegar, Pinot Grigio Italian Wine Vinegar, Delicate Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fiery Chili Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Robust Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Tuscan Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
• Wisconsin Artisan Cheese - A big package of the best American, artisan-made cheese from a collective of Wisconsin farmers and cheesemakers. It will include an aged cheddar, SarVecchio parmesan, Emmentaler and a cloth-bound cheese.
• Scharffen Berger - A dark, rich collection of baking chocolates and other goodies from our favorite chocolate company. It will include a 70% 9.7oz baking bar, a 99% 9.7oz baking bar, a 6oz pouch of Roasted Cacao Nibs and 1 of each 3oz bar - 41%, 62%, 70%, 82%.
• Honey Ridge Farms - Honey and creamed honey, as well as delicious honey vinegar, from a small family farm in Washington. The prize package will include a gift crate trio of Honey Crèmes, 1 bottle of award-winning Balsamic Honey Vinegar and 1 bottle of Wild Blackberry Honey.
• Adagio Teas - One of our all-time favorite products, a utiliTEA kettle for your pantry, as well as a selection of premium green and black teas.
• Liparita - Two bottles of Cabernet from this small, historic winery in Napa Valley. (The winery has been around since 1880!) One bottle each of 2006 Liparita Stags Leap Cabernet and 2006 Liparita Oakville Cabernet are included.
• Inklore - This Northern California artist makes lovely things in linen and canvas for the home. We're a big fan of her linen aprons, so we're throwing one in to finish off this pantry essentials package.
Runner-Up: Vegetarian Division
Essential Tableware for Weeknight Meals
The runner-up in the Vegetarian division will get a big package of tableware and servingware worth over $200. There are dishes, platters, and other lovely things that we feel are both classic and timeless. These are all pieces that we hope last a long time and serve many wonderful meals.
• Lenox - An Aspen Ridge classic white baker is included; we love how it goes from oven to table to fridge to freezer to microwave...
• Prepara - One of our new favorite tools is Prepara's Tabletop Oil Mister, which is great for dressing salads and spraying oil on bread. It's handsome, too, with a glass bottle.
• Le Creuset - We like serving mini desserts and casseroles in these four Petite Round Casseroles in Black Onyx.
• Baerreis - Handcrafted salad tongs for your dinner table.
• Green Leaf Wood - A hand-turned wood salad bowl -- classic and modern.
• Modern-twist - We love their pretty placemats and Doileez for cake plates and centerpieces. There is a package of pretty things from Modern-twist in this prize collection.
• Crate & Barrel - We're including a couple table essentials from Crate & Barrel: a glass decanter and a set of classic white porcelain platters.
Whew! We hope that you enjoy this contest and get lots of great recipes.
Apartment Therapy reserves the right to substitute prizes for others of equal value at the conclusion of this contest.