Beet and goat cheese pizza, with chopped beet greens, a little tomato sauce, and minced chives.
Pizza is one of the quickest, most fun, and most rewarding weeknight meals we know. If you make up a batch of dough in the morning and then have a few toppings sitting in the fridge and pantry, dinner can be ready in about half an hour after coming in the door. Here are five recent pizzas, perhaps with toppings that will get you thinking.
Beet pizza! I thinly sliced one baby beet from the garden, and then topped a pizza with these and the chopped beet greens. It was perfect with some goat cheese and Parmesan too.
• 2 A basic summer pizza with tomato, mozzarella, and basil. It's the classic.
• 3 Eggplant pizza, inspired by a local pizza place, and including goat cheese and reduced balsamic vinegar.
• 4 Potatoes with mascarpone, ground hazelnuts, and basil. Oh, and a touch of red pepper for some unexpected spiciness.
• 5 Fig and prosciutto — an unexpected yet classic combo. Sweet and savory!
Want to make pizza tonight or tomorrow? Here are some recipes and tips.
• Recipe: Homemade Thin Crust Pizza
• Recipe: Spinach, White Bean, and Taleggio Pizza
• Recipe: Breakfast Pizza
Related: Weekend Cooking Report: Homemade Pizza
(Images: Faith Durand)