Sometimes, a craving for soup doesn't align with having enough time to make soup. When you don't have hours to spend gently simmering your own stock while chopping pounds of vegetables, read on for some quick fix soup ideas.
• Udon Noodles with Bok Choy and Poached Egg: This clear soup relies on the quickly released flavor of star anise, cinnamon, and soy sauce to bring chicken broth and poached eggs to life.
• Quick Onion Soup: Think you need hours to make a great onion soup? How about 15 or 20 minutes for this speedy version?
• Egyptian Tomato Soup: Skip the canned soup aisle in favor of this fast homemade version of tomato soup.
• Mediterranean Chicken Stew with Cinnamon Couscous: Adding already roasted rotisserie chicken helps make this stew ready in no time.
• Turkey Avgolemono Soup: This classic Greek soup can be made in a hurry with left over chicken or turkey, lemon, and eggs.
What are your favorite quick soups?
(Images: Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan)