When it comes to weeknight cooking, pasta rules in our household. A hot dish of pasta, cooked up quickly, with a sprinkling of fresh cheese and herbs or a quick sausage sauce — it has all the fullness of a truly homecooked meal, with the ease of takeout. Here are twenty-two (yes, twenty-two!) pasta dishes from our archives that are fast, fresh, and just right for now. Most of these are very quick, like eat in an hour sort of quick. Others take a little extra preparation, but if you roast squash or simmer a sauce the night before, it can feed you a couple meals during the week.
• 11 Quick Lunch Pasta with Greens, Mushrooms and Meats
• 12 Italian Chicken Salad...Pasta
• 13 Roasted Garlic, Olive and Tomato Pasta Salad
• 14 Lemony Ricotta Pasta with Basil
• 15 Lemon Pepper Pasta with Capers
• 16 Pasta with Pesto
• 17 Basic Tomato Sauce (with Optional Zing!)
• 18 Pasta with Butternut Squash, Sage, and Pine Nuts
• 19 Greek Chicken Pasta with Olives and Feta
• 20 Spinach Pesto Pasta with Fresh Peas and Mushrooms
Originally published September 3, 2009.
Related: Twelve Steps To a Better Pasta Salad
(Images: See linked posts for image credits.)