I can't see much that could be too terribly wrong with this trend, and I've got my fingers crossed that it's not fleeting. It makes sense, too: wholesome oats, nuts, and dried fruit baked into an easy, portable, not-too-sweet breakfast. Much like the more familiar scone, some breakfast cookies use more sugar than others, some are denser while others are lighter, and some rely more on dried fruits or nuts. Regardless, I can't wait to try a few of these recipes. Perfect with coffee on a slow weekend morning or even better for mornings when you just can't be bothered to prepare a real breakfast.
Try a Recipe:
• Vegan Carrot Cherry Breakfast Cookies - Joy the Baker
• Breakfast Cookies - King Arthur Flour
• Banana Breakfast Cookie - The Edible Perspective
• Oatmeal Pecan Cranberry Blueberry Breakfast Cookies - A Canadian Foodie
• Granola Breakfast Cookies - A Singleton in the Kitchen
(Image: Joy the Baker)