In my circle of friends, drinks and snacks are a big deal. I love having people over for a movie or game night and trying a new drink or appetizer recipe. I have to admit, though, I don't always think about how (or if) they work together but I've recently been inspired to do so. On Anthology Magazine's blog last week, they revealed a feature on Sip and Snack Pairings, an easy guide to what kind of nibbles work well with certain cocktails. How about a grapefruit margarita paired with a crab, avocado and grapefruit salad? Or a fig old-fashioned with a fig and goat cheese crostini? We set out to find a few cocktail recipes that paired nicely with other snack ideas, and got to wondering: when entertaining, do you choose your snacks according to the cocktails you'll serve? Or do you just choose good snacks and good cocktails and let the rest fall into place?
Sip and Snack Combinations We Like:
• Applejack Flamingo and Warm Bar Nuts
• Mojitos and Homemade Tortilla Chips and Guacamole
• Blood Orange Gin Sparkler and Roasted Fennel and White Bean Dip
• Moscow Mule and Blue Cheese and Walnut Crackers
• Bourbon Sidecar and Curry-Spiced Pommes Frites
Related: Cocktail Recipe: The Paloma