Q: Any suggestions for quick, easy ways to get more veggies into your daily life? I'm really good at meeting my fruit quota for the day (smoothies, sliced fruit, etc.), mostly because it's so fast and easy.
But I keep having a problem with getting enough daily veggies. It just seems like it takes longer to prep/make veggies. Any ideas?
Sent by Stephanie
Editor: Stephanie, here are a few ideas. First of all, think salads. And not just green leafy salads, which tend to get soggy. Think more robust salads with cabbage, fennel, or other crunchy vegetables. Here are a few good roundups:
• Crunchy and Colorful: 10 Winter Salads
• Recipe Roundup: Main Dish Salads
• Beyond Mixed Greens: 10 Fantastic Side Salads to Try
• 11 Winter Salads to Eat Right Now
These pack well for lunches and really fill you up.
Also, here are some tips for making a whole meal out of a single vegetable:
• 5 Ways to Make a Weeknight Meal Out of 1 Single Vegetable
OK, that's just a start! Readers, what advice (or recipes) do you have for Stephanie?
Related: How To Select the Best Produce: Vegetables
(Image: Emily Ho)