The hustle of the holiday season usually means there isn't much time to cook a warm and nourishing meal at the end of the day. Before you surrender to a dinner of broken peppermint cookies and leftover eggnog, try one of these ten recipes — they're quick, easy and exactly what you need to get you through that late-night cookie-baking session.
You may notice that these recipes share a couple foolproof tricks for quick and satisfying dinners. They rely on quick-cooking proteins like eggs and seafood, or use the high heat of stir-frying to finish cooking fast. Saucy dishes are served over fast-cooking grains like quinoa and couscous. And when in doubt, buy some store-bought dough and make pizza.
- 1 Thai Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry (Gai Pad Khing)
- 2 Crispy, Cheesy Stove Top Quesadillas
- 3 Kale, Chickpeas, and Sausage with Oven-Baked Egg
- 4 Greek Pasta with Lamb, Zucchini, and Feta
- 5 Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia
- 6 Spicy Glass Noodles with Crispy Pork (Yum Woon Sen)
- 7 Scallops with Lime & Cilantro
- 8 Saucy Sautéed Shrimp over Lemon Quinoa
- 9 Persian Herb Frittata (Kuku Sabzi)
- 10 Southwestern Pizza with Black Beans and Corn
Do you have any quick and easy dinner recipes that you rely on at this time of year?