If serving spiced nuts at your next gathering sounds ho-hum, you may be missing just how great a simple and tasty bowl of nuts can be. Healthy, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan, it's a treat everyone can enjoy, and they can be prepared in almost no time. The only challenge is finding your favorite mix!
A few days before a party, I always hit up Trader Joe's or other stores where nuts are sold en mass and on the cheaper side. If you're worried about buying too much (and spending too much), keep an eye out for less expensive nuts like peanuts or cashews - a few almonds or pecans will still go a long way in the mix. While the mix of nuts is important, toasting is key! It will bring out the flavor of the nuts and keep your mix from tasting like it's straight from the store.
Check out these great recipes from our archives:
1. Ina Garten's Chipotle & Rosemary Spiced Nuts
2. Party Snack Recipe: Sweet and Savory Roasted Cashews
3. The Ultimate Party Snack: Chili Roasted Peanuts with Coconut
4. Recipe: Roasted Almonds with Paprika and Orange
5. Gift Recipe: Chez Panisse Herbed Almonds
Related: How To Roast Nuts in the Oven
(Images: Emma Christensen)