We are loving lentils this spring. They make such a perfect foil for fresh greens and herbs from the garden - plus they're not too heavy. Here we're cooking mixed lentils with green garlic and scallions. See a couple of our favorite lentil recipes for spring below... Lentils also cook up very quickly, which we like on these long, light spring evenings when we don't remember to start dinner until 8:00!
• Smashed Lentils with Egg - So easy! Cook up a pot of lentils then bake an egg on top.
• Herbed Lentils with Bacon - This is a classic French recipe with a little bacon for flavor. This is one of our favorite lunches in the summer, and also a good side dish for picnics.
• Warm Lentil Salad for a New Year
• Cupboard Challenge: Lentils!
• Recipe: Lentil and Yogurt Spread