After discovering fresh (read: not from a can) beets a few years back, we tried them every which way
and loved them a little more with each incarnation. But lately, we’ve gotten into a beet rut and feel like it’s time for something new. These dishes all seem full of fresh and interesting flavors. Have any others to add?1. Herbed Goat Cheese Tart with Roasted Beets from Crumpets and Cakes
- This would be such a wonderful starter for a late-summer party.
2. Mikado Salad from Delicious Days - This raw salad with Greek yogurt sounds so refreshing.
3. Golden Beet Soup from Epicurious - There’s something about using golden beets that makes this classic soup so intriguing!
4. Smoked Beets with Grilled Steak and Cottage Cheese Dressing from Jamie Oliver - Rustic and divine.
5. Iced Beetroot and Gin Shots from Scrumptious South Africa - This just makes us happy.
6. Farfalle with Golden Beets, Beet Greens, and Pine Nuts from Bon Appétit - We love recipes that make use of the beet greens too.
7. Salt-Crusted Beets with Horseradish Creme Fraiche from Epicurious - An interesting cooking technique from Chef Dan Barber.
8. Beet Risotto from Gourmet - We’ve always been curious to try this.
What other beet-centric recipes have you been loving recently?
Related: Tip: How to Roast and Peel Beets
(Images: Crumpets and Cake and Scrumptious South Africa)