Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Ratingen Germany
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Our kitchen is just 9x5 but it is both functional and pretty. Everything has its own place, absolutely devoid of clutter, and is a perfect example of "Mise en place". The kitchen receives lot of light, the all-white walls and cabinets create an illusion of space and bring back an old-world-charm.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- Our biggest challenge when we moved to Germany from the US and rented this apartment was the fact that it was a completely furnished apartment with a teeny tiny kitchen and we have no authority to even create a hole in the wall (perhaps pinholes are forgivable). There was hardly any storage or counter space. How I hated this kitchen. We placed a cheap bookshelf from Ikea and use it as a pantry. We use baskets and other beautiful containers from our travels as mementos to hold pantry stuff. The small footprint actually enforces that we think before we buy anything and only use those things we need on a daily basis and/or are special to us. This kitchen is now a true reflection of an European kitchen and I love my kitchen.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- My all time favorite Tandoori Chicken. In the absence of a Tandoor, we make it in the oven and it is still delicious. We also cook a lot of baked veggies and a chick peas salad with a dash of coriander and olive oil - yummy!
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2013