Every week we bring you our favorite cooking and eating from Serious Eats. This week Serious Eats is on a serious pumpkin spree, with pumpkin olive oil bread, pumpkin turkey chili, and more good fall cooking. Read on for these plus a sandwich with four (four!) kinds of cured meats from Nancy Silverton and a guide to keeping chickens in the city. • The Crisper Whisperer: Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread
- This may have been created to use up "seasonal surplus" but it's sending us trotting off to buy a pumpkin.
• Cook the Book: Apple Cider Muffins - A handsome muffin from The Craft of Baking.
• Healthy & Delicious: Pumpkin Turkey Chili - Did you know that chili can be a diet food? Seriously.
• Dinner Tonight: Autostrada Sandwich - Mortadella, coppa, salami, AND prosciutto!
• Serious Green: A Guide to Keeping City Chickens - All the practicals on really keeping chickens in urban areas.
Previous Good Eats: Crispy, Bubbly Skillet Macaroni and Cheese
(Image: Carolyn Cope/Serious Eats)