The article notes that some areas of the organic industry, especially those that cater to children, aren't slipping at all. Parents probably aren't going to compromise on organic milk and cheese for their youngsters. But other areas - like pre-made organic frozen meals - aren't growing as fast as they were a year ago.
• Read the article here: Budgets Squeezed, Some Families Bypass Organics at The New York Times
More on groceries, budgets, and frugality:
• Conscientious Cook: How to Start Saving Money This Weekend
• Eat Cheap: Farmstands in the Country
• Price Check: Are You Cutting Your Grocery Budget?
• Price Check: Coping With Rising Food Costs
• Tough Times Ahead For Food Snobs?