As the cooler temperatures of autumn creep in, and the leaves turn bright colors, we also start thinking of cozy, heartier meals, and potatoes are at the top of the list of ingredients we turn to. This time of year we are beginning to think of mashed potatoes, and twice-baked potatoes, and delicious potato tacos. Here's a look back at a few of our favorite potato recipes — from a great football snack (potatoes! bacon!) to a nutty, toasty warm salad for fall.
15 Potato Recipes for Fall
• 1 Warm Potato Salad with Cilantro & Toasted Cumin - A warm, toasty potato salad that's great cold, warm, or hot.
• 2 Potato, Squash, and Goat Cheese Gratin - A vegetarian gratin that is good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
• 3 Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce - A great football party recipe — this is one of our all-time favorites!
• 4 Homemade Potato Chips with Rosemary - A special treat, and so much better than storebought chips.
• 5 DIY Potato Chips...in the Microwave - An even easier (and healthier!) way to make potato chips at home.
• 6 Potato Salad with Yogurt, Arugula, and Dill - Arugula comes back in season in the cooler months; now is a great time to make this refreshing potato salad.
• 7 Kalamata Olive and Parsley Potato Salad - A good recipe for the lunchbox.
• 8 Extra-Crispy Tossed Potatoes - A couple tricks make these potatoes extra-crispy outside and still creamy within.
• 9 Potato Tacos (Tacos de Papa) - An easy weeknight meal.
• 10 Potato, Red Pepper, and Feta Frittata - Eggs, red peppers, and potato — a classic and delicious weeknight meal.
• 11 Potato and Cauliflower Curry - A mild yet warming recipe for curry.
• 12 Kale and Potato Puree - One of our favorite fall side dishes.
• 13 Twice Baked Potatoes - A great make-ahead recipe for a dinner party.
• 14 Grilled Potato, Gorgonzola & Prosciutto Pizza - Potato pizza — you've got to try it.
• 15 Kale and Potato Gratin - A simple, light gratin with no cream.
Potato Tips & Resources
• Sixteen Kinds of Potatoes
• Looking at Microwave Potato Chips - Anatomy of a Recipe
• Tip: Remove Rust with a Potato!
• Top Five Things To Do With Potatoes
• 10 Ways to Eat a Potato (and Just a Potato) for Dinner
• How To Make Potato Pancakes
What are your favorite potato recipes for fall?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)