This time of year, we could make a meal every night out of little bites of this and that. Any of these salads, dips, or spreads would be welcome on our table. The middle east does it right. By the way, if you want an exhaustive list of meze from different countries, go read this. And don't worry, we're gonna give you hummus, too.TOP ROW:
• 1. Muhammara, a Syrian dish of roasted red peppers, walnuts, and pomegranate molasses.
• 2. Baba Ghanoush, the roasted eggplant dish (this recipe is from David Lebovitz).
• 3. More baba ghanoush, this one a super easy recipe from Faith.
• 4. Labneh, a fresh, mild, thick cheese made from yogurt. This recipe is from Chico's Kitchen and is topped with healthy shake of za'atar seasoning.
• 5. What is labneh, exactly? This post will explain.
• 6. Tabbouleh, a nice, green touch to the spread... Bulgur, parsley, and tomatoes.
• 7. Fattoush—more green! We love this simple, beautiful salad that Kathryn made.
• 8. And finally, some hummus. Here's a step-by-step guide to making it.
• 9. Restaurant-style hummus, from Disgustingly Good. Apparently there's a secret to making it pale and creamy.
Related: Small Bites from Around the World