We always toss the popcorn with melted butter or a drizzle of olive oil before adding any of the toppings. It helps the spices and herbs to stick to the individual kernels. In all cases, we use around a tablespoon of spice mix for a 6 cup batch of popped corn.
• Herbes de Provence - Light and savory, perfect for an afternoon snack
• Chili Powder - We love the spicy smoky flavor with the popcorn
• Lemon Zest and Cracked Pepper - The zest gets so fragrant!
• Chinese 5-Spice Powder - Warm spices make this a sweet treat
• Furikake - This Japanese seasoning is full of umami goodness
• Nutritional Yeast - Sounds strange, but this adds a cheesy flavor!
• Powdered Sugar - A quick version of kettle-corn
• Browned Butter and Salt - Nutty and caramel-sweet, like a cross between kettle and caramel corn
What other toppings do you like on your popcorn?
Related: How to Make Popcorn