Drawing upon Lebanese, Moroccan, and Persian culinary traditions, Bethany Kehdy's Pomegranates & Pine Nuts is a cookbook to dazzle both omnivores and vegetarians. In it, the Dirty Kitchen Secrets blogger features traditional recipes and those with a modern twist, all absolutely stunning.
• Who wrote it: Bethany Kehdy
• Who published it: Duncan Baird Publishers
• Number of recipes: 140+
• Recipes for right now: Chargrilled Sweet Pepper & Walnut Dip, Pomegranate & Cucumber Salad, Spiced Lamb Flatbread Pizzas, Salmon with Herby Butter and Barberries, Upside-Down Cauliflower Rice Cake, Tahini & Chocolate Brioche
• Other highlights: Pomegranates & Pine Nuts reflects Bethany Kehdy's multicultural upbringing and lifestyle. Born in Houston, Texas, to an American mother and Lebanese father, she grew up in Lebanon and today lives in England with her British husband. The cookbook contains traditional fare and her own creations, including meze, poultry, meat, seafood, vegetarian dishes, and desserts, plus basic recipes for spice blends, condiments, and accompaniments like rice and bread.
The recipes are clear and approachable for those who are new to cooking Lebanese, Moroccan, and Persian food, while Kehdy's own creations offer something of interest to those with more experience.
• Who would enjoy this book? anyone who loves or wants to learn more about Middle Eastern and North African cuisines
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Pomegranates & Pine Nuts: A stunning collection of Lebanese, Moroccan & Persian recipes by Bethany Kehdy
• Visit the author's websites: Bethany Kehdy & Dirty Kitchen Secrets
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emily Ho)