One of my favorite reader tips for cooking without making a big mess was Make cleaning fun! Listening to a podcast while cleaning up the kitchen is one of my favorite ways to make even the most dreaded tasks a little more enjoyable. Need some new recommendations? Here are a few great food-related podcasts to check out while tackling that big pile of dirty dishes.
• 1 The Dinner Party Download: Not strictly food-related, this NPR podcast is broken up into several acts that roughly follow the course of a dinner party. It's a fun, light listen that will leave you with plenty of interesting tidbits to share at your next dinner party.
• 2 Food Is the New Rock: This weekly podcast from Zach Brooks (of the blog Midtown Lunch) features chefs talking about music and bands talking about food. Tom Colicchio, Yo La Tengo and Rachael Ray are just a few of the show's past guests.
• 3 Talking With My Mouth Full: The folks at Leite's Culinaria are behind this funny and informative podcast.
• 4 Homefries: This is actually a set of several podcasts, which cover entertaining (The Table Set), homekeeping (The Art of Simple), and the behind-the-scenes life of a food blogger (Joy the Baker Podcast). With so much to choose from, you're sure to find a show you like.
• 5 Spilled Milk: Each episode of this entertaining podcast from Molly Wizenberg and Matthew Amster-Burton delves into a single subject (Popcorn, Salami, Salt) for about 20 minutes, just enough time to wash the dishes and wipe down the kitchen after dinner.
Subscribe to these podcasts in iTunes:
What are your favorite podcasts to listen to in the kitchen?