Sometimes all it takes to satisfy our sweet tooth is a chewy, sticky square of crispy rice cereal and melted marshmallow. We love rice krispie treats as much today as we did when we were kids! The original recipe will always be a classic, but here are a few twists in case you're in the mood for something new.
1. Coconut-Pecan Cereal Bars from Martha Stewart - We can't wait to take these on picnics this summer.
2. Salted Brown Butter Crispy Treats from Smitten Kitchen - Nearly the original recipe, but with the grown-up flavor of browned butter.
3. Peanut Butter Krispy Treats from 101 Cookbooks - Made with maple syrup and toasted pistachios!
4. Caramel Macadamia Rice Crispie Treats from Epicurious - We might drizzle these with some dark chocolate to cut the sweetness.
5. Mexican Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats from Big Sis Lil Sis - Spiked with cinnamon, pecans, and mini chocolate chips!
And just in case you need a refresher!
• The Original Treats from Kellogs Rice Krispies
What are your favorite add-ins to rice crispy treats?
(Image: Martha Stewart)