Sure, they're kind of a kitchen uni-tasker, but who doesn't love a nice heart-shaped pancake for breakfast? Or how about a cow? A space alien, perhaps? There are so many fun pancake molds these days, it's hard to choose!And we suppose they're not entirely a unitasker! We can also use them as molds for eggs, english muffins, or any kind of dropped biscuit made on the stove top. But we all know the real reason for pancake molds is for a little breakfast fun - and there's nothing wrong with that!
Here are a few molds that we've been drawn to:
• Outer Space Pancake Molds, $18 for a set of 3 from Williams Sonoma
• Truck and Plane Pancake Molds, $11.99 for a set of 2 from Bed Bath & Beyond
• Butterfly and Flower Pancake Molds, $5.95 each from Crate & Barrel
• Nopro Heart-Shaped Pancake Molds, $7 from Amazon.com
• Farm Animal Pancake Molds, $5.95 for 2 from War Eagle Mill
If you're feeling crafty, you could also try making your own pancake mold following this basic tutorial for making cookie cutters!
Do you have a favorite pancake mold in your house?
Related: Good Question: What is the Best Pancake Spatula?