• 2 Monika's Evolving Experiment - A trail of ivy defines the boundary between kitchen and living area.
• 3 Abby's Mom's Home - A cozy, old-fashioned New York apartment with a whole window of plants.
• 4 Mariah's Eclectic House of Curios and Collectibles - This San Francisco kitchen has small green things growing in every corner, it seems!
• 5 Mariah's kitchen - Another set of plants in Mariah's kitchen.
• 6 Karen and James' Color Commitment - Bold and red on the countertop.
• 8 Ben's Mid-Century Mecca - Ben has an unusual element in his tiny urban kitchen: a bonsai. A nod to the pressures and pleasures of small urban living, perhaps?
• 9 Jeremy's Lovely Vertical Kitchen Storage - So much green here; we like how the plants and accessories work so well together.
• 10 Brian's New Beginning - Here the plants really help an eat-in kitchen feel more cozy and homey.
• 11 Margaret's Recession Proof Home - It's great how Margaret casually throws a plant in with the jumble of diverse and interesting ingredients on her counter.
• 12 Chad and Ed's Warm Neutrals - This kitchen is fairly dark, but the plants seem to thrive here.
• 13 Chad and Ed's kitchen - An up-close shot: geraniums, in the kitchen! They have such a wonderful smell.
• 14 Chris and Nyla's Passive Solar Cottage - Wow, this is a lot of plants! They echo the view of the trees outside.
• 15 Adelle and Justin's British Retro Modern - From a favorite kitchen tour. Fresh basil is such a good thing to keep around!
Do you have plants in the kitchen, and how do you keep them alive? If you have photos, post them here, and we'll do a roundup next week of readers' plants in the kitchen!
Related: Hot or Not? Ivy In the Kitchen
(Images: Please see linked posts for individual photo credits.)