Vegetarians and even vegans can fare just fine with side dishes during the holidays. But then there's often the feeling that they're piecing together a meal rather than having an actual main dish at the center. I never actually minded this myself, but I know many folks who do.
So I gathered together some hearty, satisfying, and special vegetarian recipes that are likely to make that person in your life very happy this year.
5 Show-stopping Recipes:
• Stuffed Acorn Squash with Quinoa and Herbs (pictured) - A Couple Cooks
• Celery Root, Persimmon and Swiss Chard "Stuffing" - Martha Stewart
• Mushroom and Farro Pie - Gourmet
• Artichoke Rosemary Tart with Polenta Crust - Food Wanderings
• Acorn Squash Stuffed With Chard and White Beans - Eating Well
What's your favorite vegetarian main dish for a holiday or special occasion?
(Image: A Couple Cooks)