We know that cold cereal and even eggs and toast get old. So yesterday we introduced you to one of the most exciting breakfast we know: the breakfast pizza. Here are a few more ideas and twists on the basic recipe to get you going.
Breakfast pizzas run the gamut from sweet to savory, with many sweet versions focusing on fruit, and savory recipes boating eggs, bacon and cheese. While many of us have been known to have a piece of cold pizza in the morning, there's something quite satisfying in actually making a fresh, hot morning-worthy pizza to share with friends or loved ones. And that's what we have here: 5 breakfast pizza recipes that will please both the sweet tooth and the savory breakfast fans.
If you can't find the time to make your own dough, many recipes recommend store-bought dough. Or we like the even quicker solution of using flatbreads, pitas, English muffins or even bagels to make mini versions of these maxi recipes.
Try a Recipe:
• Avocado Breakfast Pizza with Fried Egg - Closet Cooking (pictured above)
• Eggy Breakfast Pizza - Joy the Baker
• Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Pizza- Back to Her Roots
• Fried Egg and Ciabatta Breakfast Pizzas - Epicurious
• Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza - Shutterbean
Related: Recipe: Breakfast Pizza
(Image: Kevin Lynch of Closet Cooking)