Do you love pizza? We certainly do! It's cooling off outside, which means it's time to heat the oven extra-hot and make crispy, gooey pizza right here at home. Are you ready to make your first pizza of the season? Maybe you'd like to try to make pizza for the first time ever? Here is some of our best pizza inspiration, with recipes for classics (tomato and cheese, thank you very much) and offbeat delicious flavors, like Southwestern pizza with black beans and corn. There are dough recipes to get you started, like no-yeast quickie crust, and another quick thin-crust recipe. And if you'd like to go beyond traditional pizza, what about flatbread, calzones, and homemade pizza poppers? Come have a slice with us! THE BASICS
• 1 Classic Margherita Pizza - The classic cheese and tomato pizza, with some helpful notes on shaping the crust.
• 2 Homemade Thin Crust Pizza - A quick thin-crust dough that needs almost no rise time.
• 3 Yeast-free Pizza Dough - An extra-quick yeast-less crust.
• 4 How To Grill Pizza - If you have a grill, it's probably your best tool for making great pizza.
• 5 How to Make Pizza on the Stovetop - No grill, and a weak oven? This stovetop method is also pretty good.
GREAT PIZZA RECIPES
• 6 Pizza with Crispy Kale, Butternut Squash, Bacon & Smoked Mozzarella - Amazing combo of flavors for fall.
• 7 Southwestern Pizza with Black Beans and Corn - Sounds crazy but it's oh-so-good.
• 8 Potato, Gorgonzola and Prosciutto Pizza - Ever had potato on pizza? It's astonishingly good — chewy and flaky.
• 9 BBQ Chicken Pizza with Caramelized Onions - Hearty pizza for weeknights.
• 10 Sausage Pizza, Topped with Crispy Kale - Another kale pizza for fall.
BEYOND PIZZA: FLATBREADS & MORE
• 11 Three Cheese Tomato Tart - Not quite pizza. Maybe even better!
• 12 Sweet Potato, Ricotta, and Arugula Flatbread - A lighter approach, with ricotta instead of sauce.
• 13 Leek, Ricotta, and Lemon Zest Flatbread - The takeaway here is that lemon is very good on pizza.
• 14 How To Make Pint-Sized Pizza Poppers - Forget the boxed kind! These pizza poppers are crazy good party food.
• 15 How to Make Calzones (And Freeze Them for Later!) - Pizza that's just a little easier to carry around for lunch.
What are your favorite pizza combos and flavors?
Related: Smart Tip: Make Your Own Frozen Pizzas
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)