Ice Cream Chef: Allison of Finding Inspiration In Food
What inspired this recipe? With the summer coming to an end, I was reflecting on all the fun gatherings we've had. One of my favorite drinks to serve is pink lemonade. This ice cream is the perfect thing to bring me back to those long summer days.
Tastetester comments and full recipe after the jump. Take a look, then vote here!
Pink Lemonade Ice Cream
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 can pink lemonade concentrate
pinch of salt
3 drops red food color, if desired for a darker pink look
Combine all ingredients and chill covered in fridge at least 20 minutes. Process in ice cream maker per manufacturer's directions. The mixture will not be completely hard. To finish, put mixture into a lidded container and allow to harden in the freezer at least 1 hour before serving.
Contest InformationGo here for the full scoop on the Best Lick! 2008 contest, including prizes, rules, and entry form. Submission closes the evening of August 18th. Get your ice cream maker going!
The Entries So FarHere's a list of all the entries so far. Click the thumbnail to go to the entry.
• Roasted Apricot Ice Cream with Almond Praline Ripple
• Chocolate Gelato with Salted Caramel Pecans
• Coconut Peach Ice Cream with Toasted Almonds
• Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Ice Cream
• Blueberry Brie Tart Ice Cream
• Grape Ice Cream
• Basil Infused Ginger and Cinnamon Ice Cream
• Rosemary-Lime Sparkle Ice Cream
• Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt with Pistachio Biscotti Bits
• Visions of Sugar Plum Ice Cream
• Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
• Apple Chardonnay Ice Cream with Bulgarian Sheep Cheese
• Mint Raspberry with a Chocolate Swirl
• Spice Cream with a Twist
• Peach Goat Cheese Ice Cream with Salted, Roasted Pistachios and a Balsamic Bay Leaf Reduction
• Pink Lemonade Ice Cream
(Images: Allison of Finding Inspiration In Food)