Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we learn the proper way to prepare lacinato kale and how to make black and white sesame brittle (the latter of which would make a great hostess gift). Read on for these posts and more! • Black and White Sesame Brittle
- Taken straight from Kir Jensen's cookbook The Sugar Cube
, this unusual brittle would make a great hostess gift!
• How to Make Jean-Georges Vongerichten's Kale Salad - I'm obsessed with kale salad these days, so these pro tips on the proper way to prepare dinosaur kale, serrano chiles, and a parmesan dressing are always welcome.
• Wake and Bake: Greek Yogurt and Strawberry Phyllo Cups - A lovely brunch idea: phyllo pastry cups filled with Greek yogurt, chopped fruit, and drizzled with honey!
• Sauced: Spicy Brown Mustard - The spicy part of this homemade mustard recipe comes from brown mustard seeds, which have more heat than the yellow ones.
• Gluten-Free Tuesday: How To Make Jalapeño Poppers - This fried restaurant staple gets a homemade treatment!
Previous Good Eats: Peanut Butter, Bacon, and Banana Sandwich and the Best Malbec Under $20
(Image: Carrie Vasios/Serious Eats)