Ever tried peanut butter-stuffed jalapeño peppers? No? Why not?!
This idea is new to me, but apparently lots of folks have long been combining these two basic ingredients for a spicy snack. It definitely sounds like it would be worth a try, as that combo of creamy nuttiness and spicy snap go so well together in other dishes:
There are a few recipes out there. One simply involves halving the peppers, stuffing with peanut butter, and eating them raw. A hot rendition calls for baking or grilling after stuffing (yum!). Though we've never tried or heard of this, it doesn't seem so uncommon. We found lots of sources for this snack:
• Peanut Butter Jalapeño Poppers at eHow (pictured above)
• Peanut Butter-Stuffed Jalapeños at AllRecipes
• Jalapeños Stuffed with Peanut Butter at Cooks.com
And with some tweaks:
• Try it with crunchy peanut butter!
• Chocolate-Covered, Peanut Butter-Filled Jalapeños on Pretzel Sticks from Instructables
• Bacon-Wrapped Peanut Butter Jalapeños from AllRecipes
So we're wondering, have you had peanut butter-stuffed jalapeños? Any tips or recipes for those of us trying them out for the first time? Or if they're new to you, too, what do you think?
Related: Ingredient Spotlight: What Can You Do with Peanut Butter?
(Image: eHow member rosiemoonbeam)