This one is playing right into my weak spot. Peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cakes, peanut butter bars, peanut butter everything as far as the eye can see? Yup, that pretty much sounds like my version of heaven.
• Who wrote it: Averie Sunshine
• Who published it: Skyhorse Publishing
• Number of recipes: Over 100
• Recipes for right now: Peanut Butter and Jelly Puff Pastry Wheels, Marshmallow Butterscotch Fluffernutter Bars, Banana Bread Pudding Cake, Foolproof Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge, White Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies, Banoffee Peanut Butter Pie Bars
• Major Takeaways: These are the kinds of recipes that you crave in the middle of the night. They are the kind that you take to a new neighbor or send back to the dorm with your favorite niece. They are the kinds of treats that come packaged with a very specific memory of being small and getting handed a special treat. And this makes me feel very happy, indeed.
Peanut butter, my friends, is also something of an ingredient ninja. Sure, it has your full attention when you put it in the spotlight, but Sunshine also shows how you can sneak PB in the proverbial back door where it adds moisture or helps bind a dough more than it adds flavor.
• Who would enjoy this book? PB lovers (obviously), parents raising the upcoming generation of PB lovers, bake sale mavens.
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Peanut Butter Comfort by Averie Sunshine
• Visit the author's website: Averie Sunshine
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Image credits: Emma Christensen)