This time of year, we love throwing little gatherings at our house. They're really just an excuse to get people together, open a bottle of wine or two, and enjoy an evening of conversation. Rather than cooking a whole dinner, we like to offer several smaller bites for people to nibble. Here are a few you'll see on our table!
Our main goal with these finger foods is to make them easy to eat and silverware-free. We like that most of these can be eaten in a few bites while holding your wine in the other hand!
1. Mac and Cheese Cups - Simple and brilliant! Just make a regular batch of mac and cheese, and then scoop the pasta into muffin cups. Bake them just enough to help hold each one together and serve. (Get the Recipe: Food and Wine)
2. Tomato Soup Shooters with Grilled Cheese Soldiers - Who can resist this comfort food combination? Serve the soup in small tumblers with a crispy wedges of grilled cheese alongside. (Get the Recipe: 101 Cookbooks)
3. Mushrooms Stuffed with Brie - Stuffed mushrooms are one of our favorite classic finger foods, and we love the idea of melting a little dabs of brie cheese into the middle of each one. (Get the Recipe: Pioneer Woman Cooks)
4. Spaghetti Fritters - Noodle fritters are a little bit crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle. Just mix a few eggs with a bowl of spaghetti and some herbs, and drop handfuls into a hot skillet to quickly fry them. (Get the Recipe: Healthy Food Guide)
5. Maple Chocolate Pudding with Bacon Spoon - This is a simple idea with a big wow factor! Serve chocolate pudding in individual glasses with crispy pieces of bacon as the spoon. (Get the Recipe: Peace Love & Chocolate Blog)
What nibbles will you be featuring at your parties this fall?
Related: Born in the Fall? 8 Birthday Cakes Inspired By the Season
(Images, clockwise from top left: Ree Drummond/The Pioneer Woman; Healthy Food Guide; Katrina Markoff for Peace Love Chocolate/Vosges; Kana Okada for Food and Wine)