Curious about the Paleo lifestyle? Just started and need some recipe inspiration? Wondering if you have to give up pancakes forever? Elana Amsterdam has all the answers to your Paleo questions, plus over 100 tasty recipes (including pancakes!) to get you started off on the right foot.
• Who wrote it: Elana Amsterdam
• Who published it: Ten Speed Press
• Number of recipes: Around 100
• Recipes for right now: Blueberry Coffee Cake, Strawberry Power Pina Colada, Paleo Bread, Olive Oil Thyme Crackers, Avocado Kale Salad, Primal Coleslaw, Mustard Salmon Fillet, Peach Cherry Crisp, Ginger Ale
• Other highlights: For many of us, diving into the Paleo diet represents a fairly significant change in diet. Paleo Cooking makes this diet feel completely approachable, no matter how adventurous (or not!) or skilled (or not!) you are in the kitchen.
The first section of the book walks you through the main tenants of the Paleo lifestyle and helps you set up your pantry for Paleo cooking. The rest of the book covers basic recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner — easy recipes that sometimes mimic and sometimes build upon recipes that we already know and love. These are recipes like roast chicken, shredded salads, beef stir-fry, and even ice cream. The main idea here is not to turn your world upside down with a new diet, but rather to help you eat the foods you love while also making them more nutritious and healthy for you.
I really love how this book gives you the tools and know-how you need to need to get started with Paleo cooking, but then simply focuses on making good food. And ultimately, that's what it should be about, right?!
• Who would enjoy this book? People following the Paleo diet or who are curious about trying it out
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry by Elana Amsterdam
• Visit the author's website: Elana's Pantry
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emma Christensen)