It's time to go back to school and hit the office routine once again, and we're here to cheer you on in packing your lunch! Sure, an office lunch out at the corner deli is nice once in a while, but packing a lunch nearly every day is good for your health (and pocketbook). If you're like us, a new lunchbox is a big encouragement in remembering to pack a meal every night. Here are nine current favorites for brown-baggers young and old.
• 1 Sammo Lunch Bags, $3.49 for 10 at Sammo. Not as reusable, but lots of great lunch humor here. (via Shelteriffic)
• 2 OOTS Lunchbox, $35-$45 at OOTS. So bright and tidy. (via Ohdeedoh)
• 3 Insulated Lunch Box, on sale for $7.95 at Crate & Barrel. Simple and sensible.
• 4 Reusable Labeled Bags, $38 for a set of 5 at Graze Organics. Sweet design, and reusable.
• 5 The Goodbyn, $35 at Goodbyn. OK, this is one designed for kids, but we love how the box is also the lunch plate. Also, it comes with stickers. (via Ohdeedoh)
• 6 Patchwork Lunch Tote, $30 from Sarah Minshall. Can be stuffed into another bag when empty.
• 7 Tortuga Lunch Tote, $22 at BUILT. It is semi-firm and will protect your egg salad, but can still be folded flat.
• 8 Square Bento Tiffin, $33 at Amazon. A take on the most classic lunchbox of all: the tiffin. We like the bright colors here.
• 9 Classic Construction Worker Lunch Box & Thermos Set, $29.95 at Lunchboxes.com. Another true classic - classy too.
And now of course you need something to put in that shiny new lunchbox. Here's a roundup of great lunchbox meals from our friends at CHOW. They put together three school lunches geared towards the personalities of three different kinds of kids (and grownups). See what they recommend for the Negotiator, the Picky Eater, and the Adventurer.
• Time for School Lunch at CHOW
Do you have a favorite lunchbox right now? What do you like to carry your lunch in?