I'll admit it: I don't bring my lunch to work every day; and some days, I just skip lunch altogether. But I do know that when I pack a lunch, I instantly feel like I got ten points, like I'm a slightly better person, as if the world were just a little brighter that day. Bonus? I always eat better.
Moral of the story: brown bag it; it feels so good.
This week we've been covering all things lunch on TheKitchn.com. There are lots of roundups, from this collection of nine DIY deli meat recipes to this beautiful post about lunches under 400 calories (light never looked so luxurious!).
To get us all in the brown-bagging mood, I decided to do my own roundup of recipes from our site that work well in the lunchbox, including several light and vegetarian options.
1. On-the-Go Recipe: Apple-Arugula Salad Wraps
2. Recipe: Farmer's Lunch Sandwich
3. Recipe: Cauliflower & Italian Sausage Casserole
4. Cuban Sandwich
5. Cheese & Onion Sandwich
6. Tempeh Deli Salad
7. What to Put on a Fresh Vegetable Sandwich
8. Rolled Grilled Sandwiches with Pork, Green Beans & Goat Cheese
9. Big Green Salad with Shallots, Chicken, Smoked Almonds, Goat Cheese, & Dates
10. Barley Salad with Green Garlic & Snap Peas
Did you pack your lunch today? Tell us about it!
More Recipe Roundups that will Inspire You to Pack Your Lunch
• Chicken, Tuna, Pasta: 15 Fresh & Filling Lunch Salads
• 10 Dinner Recipes That Make Great Lunch Leftovers
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits.)