Delicious though they may be, there’s no denying that casseroles are humble looking things even at the best of times. Serving them from a pretty casserole dish can make all the difference.
Casserole dishes come in all shapes and sizes: oval, rectangular, shallow, and deep. These days, you can find them in all different colors, too! We like ones that have handles or at least a little lip on the sides to make picking them up. After all, it needs to be functional as well as pretty.
• Revol Belle Cuisine Oval Bakers, $60 - $150 from Sur la Table - We’ve always loved the elegant yet strong look of these dishes.
• La Chamba Columbian Clay Oval Casserole, $60 from Williams-Sonoma - This has such a soft and organic feel.
• Le Creuset Heritage Covered Stoneware Baking Dishes, $80 from Amazon.com - These come in white, orange, blue, or this fabulous red.
• Lodge L Series Oval Casserole, $57 from Lodge Cast Iron - We love the swooped look of this dish.
• Rachael Ray Covered Oval Casserole, $40 from JC Penny - Whatever your feelings about Rachael Ray herself, we think this is a good-looking casserole dish.
• Spode Baking Days Rectangular Dish, $53 from Bed, Bath, and Beyond - Polka dots!
• Sango Lasagna Dish, $15 from Target - Proof that a pretty dish doesn’t have to clean out our wallets.
Do you have a favorite casserole dish?
Related: Bright Primary Colors: Lodge Enamel Dutch Ovens
(Images: See Individual Links)