I've seriously considered throwing a dinner party of only soufflés. (That wouldn't be weird, right? You'd come, right?) From making to eating, soufflés are just so much fun and can be adapted to include...well, just about anything. Just take a look at these lovelies.
One of the brilliant things about soufflés that you might not realize is that most of the ingredients can be prepped ahead. Whip up the egg whites and fold them into the base at the very last minute and into the oven it goes. The soufflé goes straight from the oven to the table, ready for hungry guests to devour immediately.
• Goat Cheese Soufflés from Martha Stewart - A little something to tempt the palate.
• Asparagus Soufflé from Food Wishes - A bright green pre-dinner treat or side dish.
• Carrot Soufflé from Simply Recipes - This silky soufflé could almost be dessert!
• Crab Soufflé with Caramelized Carrot Sauce from Leite's Culinaria - Tender sweet crab, meet soufflé.
• Artichoke and Mushroom Soufflé from Saveur - Vegetarian and very satisfying.
• Eggplant and Three Cheese Soufflé from Food & Wine - Spiced with garlic and cumin.
• Chicken and Cheddar Soufflé from The Food Network - Classed up comfort food from Giada de Laurentiis.
• Rhubarb and Custard Kinda Soufflés from Jamie Oliver - A dollop of warm rhubarb and vanilla custard waits at the bottom of these ramekins.
• Passion Fruit Soufflé with Chocolate Sauce from Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy - A perfect way to showcase the elusive passion fruit.
• Chocolate Soufflés with Brown Sugar and Rum Whipped Cream from Fine Cooking - I couldn't leave you without some chocolate!
Do you make soufflés? Do you have a favorite?