Tall, golden loaves of panettone are everywhere this time of year. Traditionally eaten around Christmas and New Year's, this fruit-studded sweet bread can be enjoyed plain or simply toasted — but it doesn't have to be. How about crisp-custardy panettone french toast or even a savory panettone panzanella with pancetta and brussels sprouts?
• Panettone Bread Pudding at BBC Good Food: Fluffy panettone bakes into a beautiful, flavorful bread pudding.
• Panettone French Toast at Apples & Onions: Crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, and possibly the perfect Christmas morning treat.
• Winter Pudding Bombe at Jamie Oliver: Panettone stands in for the usual cake in this festive ice cream bombe.
• Panettone Panzanella with Pancetta and Brussels Sprouts at Bon Appetit: A winter riff on a bread salad usually made with summer tomatoes.
• Panettone and Italian Sausage Stuffing at Cookstr: Nigella Lawson's recipe is just right for a holiday feast.
How do you like to eat panettone?
(Image: BBC Good Food)