1. Silverware - We just take a few knives, forks, and spoons right from our silverware drawer and keep them contained in a spare glass. You can also make a handy silverware roll like this one.
2. Plates and Dishes - We bought a cheap set of melamine plates and bowls just for eating outside. They're light, easy to carry, and will survive a few bumps and drops.
3. Cloth Napkins - Not only are cloth napkins washable, but they won't blow away in the breeze!
4. Salt and Pepper Shakers - Pick up an extra set of shakers just for your kit.
5. Condiments - Ketchup, soy sauce, Tabasco - whatever you regularly use to garnish your meals should get a spot in the kit!
6. Candles - We like one or two citronella candles for the bugs and a few votives for the ambiance.
7. Matches - For lighting the candles!
8. Bug Spray - The sun goes down and those bugs come out in full force.
9. Serving Tray - Not part of the kit, exactly, but it's super handy to have a tray for carrying food outside and then clearing up afterward.
What else would you put in an outside kit?
Related: Weekend Project: Spruce Up the Patio