Summer might not officially be here yet, but this weekend marks the beginning of a time-honored warm-weather tradition: the summer potluck! Whether it's a pool party, block party, or a just-because party, it seems like any free weekend is an opportunity for someone to play host.
While it's perfectly fine to have chips and jarred salsa as your fall-back plan, it's nice to have a few make-ahead dishes in your back pocket. From white bean-artichoke dip to juicy fried chicken, here are 25 of our most popular recipes. Ready or not, here summer comes!
No-cook apps are always a good idea when it's summer and too steamy to turn on the oven. These simple ones are sure to satisfy anyone at the party.
- Tomato & Mozzarella Caprese Skewers
- Peach & Prosciutto Bruschetta
- Veggie Nori Rolls
- Stuffed Peppadews with Salami & Parmesan
- Pineapple Salsa
- Vegan White Bean Artichoke Dip
Salads and Side Dishes
Salads and sides are common potluck requests. This time go above and beyond your usual to make something that's sure to get everyone excited.
- Bryant Terry's Napa Cabbage & Kale Coleslaw with Creamy Miso-Ginger Dressing
- The Easiest Tangy Cucumber Salad
- Three Bean Salad
- Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Pasta Salad with Smoked Gouda, Roasted Red Peppers & Artichoke Hearts
- Buttermilk Ranch Potato Salad
- Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
A main dish for a potluck can be tricky, especially if you're traveling with it. A larger-than-life sandwich is a fun choice, and cold fried chicken is a huge win for the crowd.
- Smoked Turkey Sandwich for a Crowd
- Caprese Sandwich for a Crowd
- How To Cook (and Shred) a Pork Shoulder for Pulled Pork
- How To Make Crispy, Juicy Fried Chicken
- Easy Caprese Quiche
No-bake dessert, like no-cook appetizers, are also a prime pick for a summer potluck. Although if you're willing to crank up the oven, you'll be rewarded with brownies and cake.