Good kitchen design and tasty recipes are the more obvious building blocks of life in the kitchen, but there are other important stories that highlight why and how we cook. What are the recipes that have grown with you? How has your mom or dad influenced how you cook? Here are 10 of our favorite stories this year that highlighted life in the kitchen — from the funny, to the wise, to the practical.
You might notice that a lot of these stories take a more positive approach to food and cooking. The "You're Doing It Right" column by Cheryl Sternman Rule, for example, shares how life in the kitchen isn't perfect, but that's OK. If you're giving your best, you're probably doing it right.
- I Didn't Get My Love of Food from My Mom, But I Love to Be With Her in the Kitchen, and Here's Why
- You're Doing It Right: Grocery Shopping
- 5 Recipes I Learned in College and Still Use Today
- How to Talk About Food Without Sounding Like a Snob
- 5 Things to Do in the Kitchen Before You Go to Bed
- 14 Absolutely Free Ways to Improve Your Cooking
- 10 Things Every Kitchen Needs That You Can't See
- Five New Cooking Habits I Brought Back from Rome
- Why My Grandmother Is My Hero, in the Kitchen and in Life
- 5 Ways to Become More Confident in the Kitchen
* * *