Soup is our absolute favorite thing to eat in the cold months and we're pretty particular about the bowls and spoons we use to eat it. The deeper the bowl the better, for most soups, and of course the wider the spoon (the better for dipping and slurping). Here are five favorites — all classic, yet modern.
• Set of 4 Mix Soup Spoons, $11.95 at Crate & Barrel - These spoons are our ideal soup spoons, mainly because of the narrow handle and wide, circular base. The base is perfect for picking up a large amount of soup. This is great for chunky soups, too; you can get every component in each spoonful.
• Sur La Table Porcelain Soup Bowl with Handle, $3.96 at Sur La Table - French onion soup just isn't the same unless it's prepared in a porcelain soup bowl with a handle. White is a good color because it brightens up (and modernizes) the bowls from the more traditional dark brown.
• White Kai Noodle/Soup Bowl, $6.95 at Crate & Barrel - Deep bowls are especially great for holding noodle soups. The built-in chopstick holder is a plus too.
• Williams-Sonoma Pantry Cereal/Soup Bowl, Set of 6, $29.00 at Williams-Sonoma - Oven, microwave and dishwasher-safe — these soup bowls couldn't be any more perfect. The wide and deep design makes these great for really loading up the bowl with copious amounts of delicious homemade soup.
• White Porcelain Soup Spoon, $3.95 at Sur La Table - Perfect for sipping on your favorite soup, no matter what the origin. We love these soup spoons because they allow you to scoop up as much as you want, while cooling the soup down just in time for your first sip.
Do you have any favorite soup gear
What soup bowls and spoons do you use?
(Images: Crate & Barrel; Sur La Table; Williams-Sonoma; Sur La Table)