It's no small thing to commit to cooking meals at home, especially when every recipe you pick up assumes you already know how to do things like sauté mushrooms and cook the couscous. That's why we've spent the last year giving you lots of lessons on basic cooking skills along with some core recipes to use again and again. Here are 15 essential lessons and recipes we think every cook should know.TOP ROW
• 1 How to Bake a Potato In the Oven
• 2 How to Make Really Good Pizza at Home
• 3 How to Cook Mushrooms on the Stovetop
• 4 How to Cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs in the Oven
• 5 How to Cook Lentils on the Stovetop
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)