This past year we really took to heart the plight of the newbie cook: how do I set up my kitchen? What are the essential tools, appliances, and cookware to have at the ready? To help with this, we put together our own guides to cookware, bakeware, tools, and all the essential non-food products one needs to start off successfully in the kitchen, which we've included here. Rounding out this list is a post on great chef's knives, the best multi-tasking tool every kitchen should have (but especially small ones), and why it's worth it to splurge on one particular cooking thermometer.TOP ROW
• The Kitchn's Guide to Essential Prep Tools and Utensils
• The Kitchn's Guide to Essential Cooking Tools and Utensils
• The Kitchn's Guide to Essential Cookware
• The Kitchn's Guide to Essential Baking Pans
• The Kitchn's Guide to Essential Small Electric Appliances
• 6 The Kitchn's Guide to Essential Cleaning Tools and Products
• 7 A Guide to the Best Material for Pots and Pans: A Pros and Cons List
• 8 The #1 Multi-Tasking Gadget You Should Have In Your Small Kitchen
• 9 Buying the Basics: 5 Terrific Chef's Knives
• 10 On the Importance of Using Cooking Thermometers: And Our #1 Pick
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)