For those just starting to learn how to cook, all the various cuts of meat and ways to cook them can be a bit daunting. Sometimes there's one method that brings out the best in a cut of meat, like slow-cooking a pork shoulder, but more usually a versatile meat like chicken can be poached, seared, grilled, or roasted and still come out delicious. How do you choose which method to use?
Here's our guide to show you the most basic and easy ways to cook beef, pork, chicken, lamb, and turkey to take all the mystery out of the equation. Be adventurous and try out a new cut of meat or cooking method!
We will continue adding to this list as we cover more cuts of meat and cooking methods, and we'd love to know in the comments which ones you'd like to see next!
- How to Cook & Brown Ground Beef
- How To Grill Perfect Steak
- How To Cook Perfect Steak in the Oven
- How To Broil a Steak in the Oven
- How To Make the Best Beef Stew from Scratch
- How To Make Oven-Braised Short Ribs
Ways to Cook Whole Chickens
Ways to Cook Chicken Pieces
- How To Cook Moist & Tender Chicken Breasts Every Time
- How To Cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs in the Oven
- How To Stir-Fry Chicken
- How To Poach Chicken Breasts
- How to Cook (and Shred) a Pork Shoulder for Pulled Pork
- How To Cook Tender & Juicy Pork Chops in the Oven
- How To Cook Great Ribs in the Oven
- How To Cook Bacon: Three Easy Methods